FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Grand Daughters Are Grand






My oldest grand daughter, Rachel Ann, came for spring break from northern Utah. She had never been to Arizona before and loved the lovely weather and strange looking cactus! We went shopping, to the Arizona Temple Visitor's Center, the swap meet, and toured model homes, to name a few of our activities. We have committed to doing a one-on-one activity with our grandchildren when they are 14. (Last year, Josh went to Washington D.C. with Trace.)
Rachel, we love you!!!






















5 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

She is grand, isn't she?! I think she is the best ever. I feel so lucky to be her mother. She is AWESOME. Everyone should be so lucky to have a girl like Rachel. What did I do to deserve her?

Vonnie said...

It looks like you had a great visit with Rachel. What a darling girl. Great idea to do a one on one with grandkids when they are old enough. Fun times!

Amazed said...

I want to come to Arizona and see the Visitor's Center and go shopping at Nordstroms and see cactus and model homes! How fun! Aren't grandkids the best! Cute polka dot room too!

Lee said...

ya- where is that poka dot room? not in your house surely--- if you've redecorated and i don't know about it, theres going to be feelings. i think you and trace are the best grandparents that i know of to spend abundant one-on-one time w/ your grandkids. i thinks that's marvelous, and as always, i plan to follow in your footsteps :)

Sidney said...

Wow is there a more supreme compliment than "I want to follow in your footsteps" especially when it's from one of your own children.
Such a win win situation when Grandparents take the time and effort it requires to foster real relationships with the next generation