I have been collecting dolls for many years and
one day while Stacey and I were in our favorite
antique store in Portland, we happened upon
these "heads". I had to have them and have
since been on the hunt for more. The grands
find them a little disturbing, as do most people,
quite frankly! Do you?
15 comments:
could you attatch those heads to a fake body somehow and hide it on your living room couch? just a thought
I have to admit, the heads scare me, too, although I did once spend a dark and stormy (and very scary) night trying to fall asleep in a room surrounded with approximately 50 porcelain dolls. As long as they don't start talking, though, I'm OK.
Most of the time you seem so NORMAL. And then this.....
(p.s. I meant normal as in "extremely fabulous, not ho-hum.")
You 3 people are so funny! Claire, one time Nick Smith needed to spend the night in my guest room with the doll collection. He came out after about 5 minutes and said he couldn't do it. He had to change rooms with his mother! Wasn't there a Stephen King movie that got us all messed up? What was it now? What were those words the doll kept saying?
Um yep - quite disturbing. My grandmother had a doll in a case that always freaked me out. Of course I have the doll now - I HAD to have it - however she has never been displayed in my home. I'm sure the day that I do put her out she will come to life and that will be the end of me. Wouldn't you be angry if your owner never took the brown wrapping paper off your plastic display case and THEN put you in storage?
Ahhhhh, don't quote the doll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The last night I was in town Linny and I stayed up talking till 2 a.m. in the living room. Lee was sending her text messages at midnight and her "ring tone" was Emma saying "Mamma..hee hee, mamma". I told her that sound was freaking me out. She was facing those doll heads and said THOSE were freaking her out. Earlier she had put Emma down in the "mouse house" (the cottage) and I was telling her I'd be more freaked out about mice than those heads. I'm totally LOL right now remembering that. Griffin did name my lovely headless doll from Willownest, Todd says that one freaks him out. No way, I love that whimsical little girl!!!
The movie was called "Child's Play" and it was about a doll named Chuckie that went around and killed his family. Sara used to tell me when I was little that Chuckie was going to come in my room at night and kill me. Nice. Oddly, I think I was so scarred from that experience that I am just plum numb now, and the heads don't send me into needing shock therapy like one would think.
Disturbing? "Little Bit"....
this topic has brought on some very funny comments. i have been lol about them. thanks everyone for making me smile! for reasons such as these i refrain from watching scary movies- although i did just watch disturbia. didn't phaze me- so maybe i'm growing up
Yeah--I wouldn't want to share a room with them. I grew up on Night Gallery and Twilight Zone. Disembodied heads are worse than spiders and snakes...even a pretend dog named Satan would appeal more :-)
How many of you girls could live all alone (50% of the time) in the country, miles from civilization........practically.........like I do? Would the heads and dead dog not to mention the mice, put you over the edge? I just want a little credit and sympathy, but NO. Truthfully, when I have a 2 year old grandchild in the house with me I'm not scared. Otherwise, after 10 years, it is getting worse instead of better. Help me Rhonda:>)
NO!! Dolls are very creepy- some, mainly me, might say the anti Christ. I have been made fun off allot over the years regarding my fear of dolls. I don't know were the fear came from- I blame my Mom for buying them for me every year (the porcelain type)- and then I would have to go hide them in Haley's room. Anyway, my Mom saved these horrible creatures to give to my children. I can tell you with all honesty, that those dolls will never enter my home! I'm teaching my children now that they come to life at night, so they won't want them either :)
Why would you want a head sitting on your shelf? I think you should display the thing in "Satan's" mouth~
Magen..Seriously I am alone in this house laughing so loud. That is a WONDERFUL idea to put the head in Satan's mouth...consider it done!
Oh but they're so you...
I remember an old movie about hands that had a life of their own. Now that was scary
Post a Comment