I've invented a little game I like to do with the grandkinder when I visit the Lakes in Portland, or when the grands visit me in Mesa. I place a cardstock heart on several doors and closets inside the house. The children hide their eyes while I place treats inside of the marked doors. They each have a large sack and when I give the signal, theyget to open the doors and place the treasures in their sacks. This is very much like trick-or-treat but since I am never with them at Halloween, it allows me to get in on the fun. I place the treats just inside the door and they are all the same so as to avoid disappointment. The larger prizes are not exactly the same if they are clothing items, shoes, etc. Trust me when I say this adventure is much enjoyed!
2 comments:
What a fun activity. We always have a "Treasure Hunt/Scavenger Hunt" at the cabin in the summer. It started with our children when they were small and now their children look forward to it on their visits. I enjoy visiting your blog.
Judy
Fun activity. You are so clever. i would like to just follow you around learning all our your wonderful ideas.
Post a Comment