FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Monday, June 30, 2008

I love pee'.uh.nees

I definitely have flowers that I associate with my grandmothers. Grandma Mayme had a large lilac bush near her back door. Grandma Mamie grew wonderful purple iris. In their honor, I grow both. However, I myself, am mad for peonys. Some people pronounce them pee.OH.nee, but the standard pronunciation is PEE.uh.nee.





My peonys are not grown by the acre, but I still love the show they put on in the early summer.
Because the heads are so large and heavy when wet, a tomato cage or other metal element should be placed around them for support.


A Sunday bouquet in 'cemetery vases' from Aunt Sarah.

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I put six of the ones you gave me in my little willow nest beaker vase and it looks just delightful. Thanks again! "What are the chances" of me taking more afer the 4th?

Annie said...

They don't last long so be sure to take advantage while the getting is good!