I have a memory of playing in a playhouse at Utah State while my Dad was getting his Master's Degree. I could only have been 2 or 3. It was the most magical experience and I never forgot it. As we had our daughters, I knew they NEEDED to have a playhouse of their own and so in 1980 we got them one for Christmas. It wasn't much to shout about. Later, we painted it blue. The girls loved it regardless of its simplicity. With each move, and there were many, we always bought them a new playhouse. They became "barbie houses" really. Win/win. All their toys were kept in the playhouses. They became larger with each new one. We would carpet them and add paneling and small beds to sleep in.Trace was willing to build the kinder a playhouse in Liberty. They love it so hard, boys and girls alike. The littles like to play with the 'food' more than anything else, but the 'big girls' do enjoy dressing up.
7 comments:
The Holly Hobby picture just cracked me up. One summer while pumping gas and selling fireworks in Wapatii Valley Wyoming I decoupaged dear old Holly and sold my art. Looking back I'm sure those that purchased my lovely pieces just felt sorry for me. Here is really the funny part, I made a blouse when I was a senior in high school out of Holly Hobby print. Yes yes it is true I have not always had stunning impeccable taste, it has been acquired over the years.Loved your story and your play house.
Very cute playhouse. You are right every girl needs one. Oh and don't worry, I don't think you're a stalker. Susan gave me Stacey's blog about a month ago so my mother and I have been stalking you guys too!
Memories! Light the corners of my mind.
so cute- that picture story never ceases to amaze
Think of the use this playhouse would have gotten out of your little Skeen girls. I remember playing Barbies for HOURS out there. I also remember other things like setting up Barbie houses and then Jamie deciding she didn't feel like playing....or extracting dead mice from off the carpet, only to find....I can't say, it's too graphic. Too bad there's not A/C out there for those hot August days! PS Camdyn needs something done about the spiders in the bunk house.
Wow, great information and adorable houses. We're actually having a stand-off of sorts here in my house because I think the kids should have play equipment while they're young and can enjoy it (ie swing, slide or a playhouse) and the Hubby thinks we should have a nice yard. I will win this one.
I missed out on the play house years. By the time I was old enough we were in AZ and that play house was a 130 degree oven. Remember when that rat melted to the carpet? Anyway, Emma will get to have my missed years of playhouses made up through this one in Liberty. That means you can't move for at least 6 more years.
Post a Comment