FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Monday, October 27, 2008

Hiking in the Gorge

























Stacey and I enjoyed a 5 mile hike today to the top of Multnomah Falls in the Columbia River Gorge. It brought back a flood of memories of the countless hikes we took when we lived here. Oh, how I miss living here and living near this sweet daughter and her family.

7 comments:

Stacey said...

I didn't need rocks in my backpack after all! You're a great hiking companion...even running down the trail at the end :> Although looking at you shivering at the start did make me over-layer!

Jamie Jo said...

Waaahhhhh! I wanted to come. Are you sure mine and Stacey's Mesa visits can't overlap for a day or two? Ask her, okay. We can do the Wind Cave together again.

Lee said...

That is a beautiful waterfall and a fun hike. I'm glad you got to do that. Is it better or worse to do all these things you used to do when you lived there as far as it making you miss living there?

Lindsey said...

Holy Freaky I am behind on my posts from you. Way to keep current while being out of town. I am so sad we didn't do a hike in the gorge last year, it's one of my most favorite places in the united states. That homeless story is sooooo tender to my heart. Why are we so hesitant to approach them and ask them if there is something we can do? I have GOT to be better with that. Perhaps when Ryan and I go out for our anniversayr we'll make an activity out of it. I love the pictures of Stacey's home and your activity downtown.

tutus n bowties said...

It looks like you are making wonderful memories on your trip! I love that you helped the homeless...your grandkids will remember that always. I still remember when we took food to the homeless when we visited you when you lived there. I was just little punkster back then and I remember it like yesterday.

Sidney said...

Thanks for your homeless story. Last year I drove by a man who had a rope tied around his waist to hold up his pants. I thought about how just one simple item would have made such a difference in his life. I went home to find a belt for him but by the time I returned he was gone. It's important that we remember the homeless are not all alcoholics or drug addicts. Recently my nephew who has his PHD in Psychology and was to become licensed as Family therapist this month was struck with a form of mental illness. He abandoned his six beautiful children and wife because of the voices and visions he was having.His future is suddenly so terribly screwed that we fear he could end up on the streets. It brings a whole new perspective when you pass by a homeless person. Many of them suffer illnesses not of their making with families that helplessly can not rescue them because they do not believe they are ill.

Annie said...

Sid, that was a sad story. It could hit anyone of us at any time. I'll be contemplating your nephew for the rest of the day. God Bless him.