We are tending Sara's boys for a week while she and Cody are in Mexico. We are having fun from early morning til bedtime. And I mean EARLY morning. Today we went to the zoo with my niece, Jordan, and her two girls, who live in Phoenix. The sting ray exhibit was definitely the high point. Sara, I swear I gelled their hair properly, it's just that we went to the swimming area in the middle of the visit. Please forgive me!





I learned about a game at Education Week called 'egg bashing'. It has been a smashing success. The boys are quite taken with it, as was my 82 year old mother. Trace made two boards, one for us and one for our friends, the Richters. You don't need a board to play though. Just tape off an area on low pile carpet about 4 yards x 15 inches. Give each player a hard boiled egg, and two at a time, let them roll their eggs towards each other. One will crack. One will not. The person who's egg did not crack goes on to the next round, once everyone has played, until eventually their is a grand champion. The little people really are thrilled with this adventure!



The plasma cars have been another hit. Adults up to 300 pounds can ride them. They are propelled by just twisting the handlebars side to side. This is what we gave the boys for Christmas and they have become pros at riding them. Jaken, who is three, also like to push with his feet and has worn out 2 pair of shoes.




We ate at Rosa's before the parentals flew to Mexico. The boys loved the salmon. Since they have spent the winter ice fishing at Mantua they have become experts on fish species. Tomorrow, Trace and Paul are taking them rafting down the Salt River to fish for trout. No wonder Jaken couldn't settle down before 10:00.
I learned about a game at Education Week called 'egg bashing'. It has been a smashing success. The boys are quite taken with it, as was my 82 year old mother. Trace made two boards, one for us and one for our friends, the Richters. You don't need a board to play though. Just tape off an area on low pile carpet about 4 yards x 15 inches. Give each player a hard boiled egg, and two at a time, let them roll their eggs towards each other. One will crack. One will not. The person who's egg did not crack goes on to the next round, once everyone has played, until eventually their is a grand champion. The little people really are thrilled with this adventure!
The plasma cars have been another hit. Adults up to 300 pounds can ride them. They are propelled by just twisting the handlebars side to side. This is what we gave the boys for Christmas and they have become pros at riding them. Jaken, who is three, also like to push with his feet and has worn out 2 pair of shoes.
We ate at Rosa's before the parentals flew to Mexico. The boys loved the salmon. Since they have spent the winter ice fishing at Mantua they have become experts on fish species. Tomorrow, Trace and Paul are taking them rafting down the Salt River to fish for trout. No wonder Jaken couldn't settle down before 10:00.
6 comments:
Wow- what fun. Be sure and keep a list of all your activities so you can do it again next year for more little people who'll be sure and want to come and spend a week with papa and annie. . . it's time for you to come home to Utah though. I miss you
You can't sell that house!!! I know you're not thinking about it...YET! You have to always keep it. Arizona is the best!
Manaway. Too funny. I think I may have to make an egg jousting board. What a good way to get rid of all the decorated eggs nobody wants to eat!
It sounds like you've been having a great time. You'll be exhausted when they leave! The egg game sounds like a blast and also the little bikes. Fun times!
It's nice they are returnable isn't it. I just don't quite have the same energy level I had in my 30's to keep up. Looks like you(or at least they) are having fun. I borrowed the Jousting board for the little girls in my Achievement day group and they also loved it. Leave it to Trac to come up with a perfect board for it. Bet you could market it and make big bucks. when do you leave? I don't think the snow is all gone yet you better stick around another week.
What a fun week with the boys. You are definitely a trooper for keeping them. Thanks again for taking us to the zoo, it was great!
Post a Comment