FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Wednesday, July 22, 2009

~Brotherly Love~

My brother, Gary Griffin, is the Managing Director of the Utah Festival Opera in Logan, Utah. Every summer, Trace and I volunteer at the refreshment tent during intermission and after the show. For this small service we are offered complementary tickets to any of the operas or musicals showing that season. Today, we went to our favorite musical; CAMELOT.
Michael Ballam is the General Director of the Utah Festival Opera.Lancelot and King Arthur, greeting guests after the matinee.

  Gary called this morning to tell us to be a little early so he could introduce us to a dignitary who would be attending the performance.


President Monson, his wife and some of his family were the special guests! Gary was kind enough to introduce us and let us shake the hand of our dear Prophet.



7 comments:

Vonnie said...

How cool is that? Big Gary has the hook ups. No nice that you could shake the hand of the prophet and enjoy the musical. What a day to remember!

Lee said...

That was so awesome. It was such a great experience. It was also awesome to see Camelot- one of my favorite musicals as well.

Jenny said...

I need to get on that volunteer list!

Lindsey said...

I am sooooooo jealous! I'm glad at least one of us is fullfilling something from my life's to-do list. That opera looks sooo nice. Satan sure cleans up well in a tux.

Jamie Jo said...

That is soooo awesome!!!! I'm surprised that it wasn't in the paper that he was hear. I got to shake his hand back in 1989. Still one of my favorite memories. I'm so sad that Nancy never called me back about volunteering.

Kylee said...

I'm sooo jealous too!! Especially since I was originally asked to help volunteer that day-- I could have shook his hand too!! That's so cool for you guys though.

imbeingheldhostage said...

I've taken to lurking with the little time have these days on the computer, but couldn't resist to a big WOW to this post. What an awesome experience!

and since I'm talking, love the peach cupcakes and the ice cream cone vases :-)