FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Sunday, August 23, 2009

Precious to Me

When Trace said he had to go to Saudi Arabia again in August, I immediately made plans to keep myself busy. First I would take two of the grandkinder with me on a road trip, then I would attend BYU Education Week for a week with my sister Lee. Well, Trace's trip got postponed so he was able to go with me to Yellowstone. My sister still went with me to BYU, but it was so wonderful, I invited T for the last two days. But I digress.....our trip with the two little cousins, Caleb and Spencer, started out in wonderful Jackson Hole, Wyoming.





Because little children love staying in hotels so much, that would have been totally fulfilling, but we went to the old Pink Garter Theater where stuffed animals were in abundance, and then saw a thrilling movie on Jackson Hole, narrated by Reba McIntyre. I highly recommend! In fact we liked it so much we bought the DVD to show to the rest of the family. We spent our honeymoon in Jackson, therefore it holds special meaning to T and I.



The next day we let Caleb fish on three rivers, as we drove through Yellowstone Park, since this is his latest passion. He is a very skilled fisherman! He caught the first fish actually.


We left the park through West Yellowstone, and stayed overnight. The indoor pool, Three Bears Restaurant, and new stuffed animals were enough to cause much excitement. The last day, we traveled to Mac's Inn in Island Park to capture memories of the many vacations spent with my parents at this very spot. I took these next two pictures just for my sisters!





Our last stop, and the most anticipated, was to Bear World, just 5 miles out of Rexburg, Idaho. The little boys were beside themselves with excitement. The venue has free carnival rides, a petting zoo, close viewing of bear cubs, a huge gift shop with bear gear galore and then the best part.....driving through the "park" in our car (windows rolled up) to see elk, moose, grizzlies, wolves and brown and black bear. Wonderful for children under ten.




We can't remember a more delightful time spent with the most precious and wonderful of all God's creations....little boys!

11 comments:

jenni said...

What fun memories you consistently make with the kids and Trace. Thanks for sharing your loves. Life can be so fun.

Jamie Jo said...

I'm so glad you like little boys now. They are pretty great, aren't they? Spencer had so much fun and still talks about it. He had fun looking at your pictures with me. Too cute.

Lee said...

I too am thrilled to know you've discovered how fun little boys are! What a great way to make memories for your grandchildren that they'll never forget. Also, loved the picts of Macks Inn- again- great memories

Sidney said...

Oh the memories of all those places. I spent one summer in Jackson running a gas station. I think it's the most beautiful national park there is. OK well I haven't seen all of them. I was looking for Trac in the 1000 warrior race I thought for sure he would have been in it. I'm sure you heard all about the accident. Tell ya nothing less than a miracle any of them are alive. My nephew placed 2nd but the fun was pretty much ruined. Wished i had more time I would have loved to see you this trip maybe next time in October.

Lindsey said...

What a fun trip. Those were nice words you said about little boys. That really does look fun, I'm excited for next year, and to see your DVD. Maybe someday Emma and Milly could go with you guys on a trip. I loved it when we took Rachel with us in the good ole days. Kids just make everything so much more fun...or maybe I should say GRANDkids do at least ;)

Annie said...

People, I didn't just discover little boys....that happened 17 years ago when Josh was born for Pete's Sake!!!

Jenny said...

Did you know there is a Three Bears Lodge in downtown Beaverton? Right next to a carwash on the TV/Canyon highway.

Sadly, we never made it inside.

Vonnie said...

Annie, loved the pictures of the little boys and your great adventures with them. Mack's Inn...wow, the memories. Looks like you had a great time!

Susan2 said...

Little boys (and dogs) rule!

tutus n bowties said...

How sad is it that I have never been to Yellowstone? It looks like you had a great time. Fun story for you...I have always hoped to have a little girl first. Lately we have been watching some of Adams home videos from when he was 2 and up and I must say now I just want a little boy! He was sooo dang cute.

Amazed said...

I seem to recall you writing about your honeymoon to Yellowstone and your being "a little bored" and not being able to think of anything to do!

Great pictures. I didn't know about the Bear World place outside of Rexburg.