FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Thursday, January 7, 2010

Ringlets and Snow


Kennedy wanted me to do rag ringlets in her hair just like I used to do for her mother. This is a tradition I never want to die. I've put rags in all my daughters hair plus each granddaughter in turn. I love it so. It makes a darling Halloween costume when the rags are still in the hair. Over the years I started pulling the ringlets apart to have totally curly hair, but Kenna wanted it the old fashioned way this time. I got to have Sunday dinner on the table after everyone came home from church. I made three recipes from Sophia's recipe blog and especially liked the turtle cake.
This child is a pill. But a lovable pill at that. We started giving everyone a nickname and he stuck to it like glue. He was "bob" and I was "maggie" and all the others had names he remembered and used...it still warms my heart!
I got to go to Gustav's three times. Once with Stacey and Todd, once with the girls and finally for lunch with just Stace. It is a German restaurant, and fast becoming my favorite. Griffin had three friends sleep over on New Year's Eve. They brought a certain amount of energy to everything...something I'm not used to! At midnight they all jumped into the pool. Now that is something not soon to be forgotten.
I was so happy to be able to enjoy Camdyn's 10th birthday this visit. She is such a little love and truly Brody's second mother. She knows exactly how that ship is run and steps in for her mother like a true captain.

An unexpected snowfall hit the area one evening and the kids went outside to play and build a snowman even though it was eleven at night. Good thing, too, because by morning it was all but gone.


I made Stacey this decorated Christmas window last summer. It turned out fabulous even if I do say so my damnself.

5 comments:

Judy/Mom said...

I would love to see a demo of the rag curlers. How do you do it? Looks fun.

Stacey said...

Kid, my laundry room is piling up. I was too busy painting and pulling down Christmas decor. I"m only one woman! I asked Todd if he thinks that there is a lot more to keep on top of in this house than our old one. He looked at me like I was insane. That means "yes!" Guess what....the curls DID pull out by that evening! Her hair is not like mine and Cammy's.

Sidney said...

I always went the sponge roller way with my girls. The goal was to see how many you could squeeze on to the head. The fist couple of days were pure frizz but it lasted for days. You'll have to show me how to rag (as part of my 100 list}since Rachel is going to supply me with a grandaughter this year.

Emma said...

I love the Christmas window! You do amazing things!

Jord said...

What a great trip! The house is amazing and Stacey should hire out for her decorating work. I loved the pictures and getting a feel for the place.