Sara bought her sister, Stacey, a ticket to fly to Utah to surprise us all for her birthday. I haven't been that surprised....shocked really.....since I don't know when. Sara had planned a mother/daughter retreat for that weekend at my house, so I knew we were getting together. I just didn't know it would be ALL my wonderful daughters and oldest grand. I love to just sit back and listen and watch my girls enjoy each other. Sara made our meals; she should have her own cooking show. Games were played, the hot tub was filled to capacity and Stacey got in her outdoor running, even in the 26 degree weather. My favorite activity was the Marriage Seminar where we shared ways of enriching our marriages. We each talked about good qualities in our husbands and then shared traits we liked in each others husbands. Tears were shed. Support was given and received. Family. What else is there?
7 comments:
That's so fun!! Surprises like that are the BEST! How fun for all 5 of you girls to be together and totally on your own without husbands or kids. It sounds like you had a blast!
Girl time is the best. I bet everyone was happy to have her there for the fun.
I'm so happy for your surprise! I'm so glad it was a wonderful weekend! When is the next one planned for?
Wow, what a great surprise! I'm sure you all had a fab time. That is so sweet of Sara. What a great BD present for Stacey! Love your girls!
I hear ya sista. I feel so blessed having my girls. I'm doubly blessed to have my 6 sisters. I think that's partly why I don't make a very good friend I've never had to reach out very far for female companionship. My sisters are all taking a trip next month on my Moms birthday can't wait!
Yes I know what its like to have all of ones daughters together and just sit back and enjoy. Mom
so glad for Stacey
I know you hate surprises....At least I didn't show up with the whole clan! I promise I won't do that. It was a very fun get away. Not as fun as Winter Quarters, but pretty close!
Post a Comment