FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Monday, March 28, 2011

Wildlife Alert

Teenagers seems to be out of control in these times, but what about wildlife?  Don't they know they are not to be spending the winter in city neighborhoods, chewing down every arborvitae in sight?  This herd of 18 bull elk is grazing happily a mile from our home in Paradise.  "Hey, guys.  Winter is over.  Go back to your mountain retreat."
 Since the snow is gone in Cache Valley, we decided to go get our lawn cushions from the garage in Liberty.  Two feet of snow still lingers in Ogden Valley.  We couldn't get into our driveway, even though we tried and nearly got stuck.  I gave Jamie an antique hutch from the cottage and we had to carry it through the snow drifts to the road in front of the house.  Not fun!  Since we have gone away for so many winters, I didn't realize how long the snow is on the ground.  I'm even more glad that we moved!!

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

The snow!!! Come on already! And yeah, what is with teenagers? With the exception of a small handful? I love your post about dishwashers, very helpful. We might be on to a product that can make all your dreams come true. Let me test it out a bit more before having you buy it, it's not cheap.