FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Sunday, March 9, 2008

My 'Small Plates'

I recorded in "The Small Plates of Mary Ann", this list of "Grandmother's Advice For the Future" which I wrote several years ago:
~compliment 3 people everyday
~remember other people's birthdays
~plant flowers every spring
~be the first to say hello
~keep secrets
~take lots of pictures
~keep a daily journal
~write a yearly history
~ride a bike...often
~walk at least 3 miles everyday
~don't mess with drugs and don't associate with those who do
~choose your life's mate carefully, from this one decision will come 90% of all your

happiness or misery~use credit cards only for convenience, never for credit
~buy whatever kids are selling in their front yards
~surprise loved ones with little unexpected gifts
~remember that ALL news is biased
~there is no reality-only perception
~resist the temptation to buy a boat
~have crooked teeth straightened
~just worry about YOU!
~remember that THE CHOICES YOU MAKE TODAY DETERMINE THE LIFE YOU LIVE TOMORROW
~even if you're financially able, have your children earn and pay for all their auto insurance
~never deprive someone of hope
~don't be party to earthlifebullshit
~be one who isn't easily offended
~pray for your enemies

4 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

Those are great. I think that's going to be our FHE for tomorrow!

Rissa said...

WOW Ann, I'm exhausted, but I LOVE YOU! Thank you for this blog, and for sharing so much information, and inspiration, I don't think you have slept in years! You are great, keep up the good work, I've learned so much from you already, I can't wait until next week! Riss

Amazed said...

Great advice! I'm passing it on!

John and Jada McFarlane said...

You aren't so bad at this blogging thing yourself! I love your blog. It is so fun to hear all your fun ideas!