
My husband travels on business to this small island every 6 to 8 weeks. I am with him for 8 out of the 11 days he will be here on this trip. Can I just say that stay-at-home moms need to show more reverence for their husbands when they come home from work? I don't care what it is the husbands do to support their families....they deserve more appreciation and gratitude. I know my husband doesn't get enough "thanks" from me. I think it is a
privilege to get to stay home and raise the kids and when your husband walks through the door, throw your arms around him and let him know how much you admire what he does so that you don't have to. Trust me, your day hasn't been all that hard. Being cooped up in this hotel room has really given me time to reflect on my priorities and behavior and that of my fellow "sisters" out there. Girls, we need to be generous with praise and less selfish and critical
. Anyone/anyone?

We discovered an old church and graveyard on our way to one of the small beaches on the island that has sand. Most of the island has a rocky shoreline.
9 comments:
Lunch? Okay, how about the Pelaton!:) You really are the coolest! And I totally agree that we need to give our husbands more praise and a few more breaks. They really do work hard and I could never handle that stress of having to support a whole family.
Nice that you were able to travel with your husband this time.
So nice to meet you Maryann - thanks for stopping by. You have a beatiful family - come see me again. Take care - Kellan
I love old abandoned buildings. That will be my next post. I miss you guys!
it's true- i personally need to be more appreciative of mike and how hard he works so that i don't have to. i love that about him. husbands who work extra hard so their wives can stay home are da bomb! i miss you too- glad you're having fun? doesn't look like a lot of shopping opportunities. read any good books?
You are such a great sport...out in the middle of the ocean with only me to rescue if we capsize in the windblown waves. You are too kind about recognizing the man's contribution to family. Whether going tanden in a kayak, bicycle or in life...it all works best when we paddle and peddle together and in sync. I can't tell you how nice it is to come "home" to the hotel and have you waiting in your Victoria Secret apparel...I only need imagine the feathery wings. xxoo
Oh my gosh I'm blushing, You two are un-real!You should probably write romance novels together. Hey and just keep in mind your daughters read this blog. My kids would be saying "too much information"
Sid, I'm pretty sure my kids know that this was not Trace in his reality mode. Every man needs to dream, don't they?
Is that what you really bought those "wings" for last year at the General Store. I'll never forget the line about Trace being disgusted over the idea of being romantic in a "Holiday Inn Express"! Funny parents. Thanks for that reminder. I KNOW I can be better about greeting my husband....in the mornings when he walks in the door from a long day, night, and sometimes day and night again, from work.
PS That old church would make a great photo shoot!
oh poo. Now why'd you have to go and do that... I have to be less critical when the hubby comes in? ;-) It was bad enough giving a talk today on things I'm falling short of, but then THIS is the post I choose to read on your blog (I'm getting to know you).
Happy Memorial day (almost)
Post a Comment