
Stacey, Todd and Brody flew down for a long weekend to participate in the Ogden Valley Marathon with us. 11 members of our family joined in the fun. Stacey/ aka /Wonder Woman, ran her 8th marathon. Todd and Trace ran the half-marathon, along with our granddaughter, Rachel, and her friend. Sara and Cody ran on a relay team. We all met at the finish line in time to cheer for Stacey. We had a delicious meal at the house afterwards and turns in the hot tub.
8 comments:
What a fabulous family activity! Next year the two Ryans had better get involved somehow! Congrats to everyone!
Andi just taught me to "quick link" last week. Let's see if I can remember. 1. As you type your draft of your post highlight the word that you want to link by clicking and running your mouse over the word--ya, I was surprised it work too-- then click on the little squiggly mark between the T/color square and the page alignment selection marks and a page will come up with http:// and a line to put the address in. After inserting the address click done or whatever it says and your "word" should become shaded or a different color. If you want to test it before going further in your post--save the post and back out of the blog and come back in a new browser window. Let me know if it doesn't work. I had to play with it a couple of times. Good luck. Have a great week in Trinidad. Yes my storage unit is in Utah.
How about the Jensen family runs the relay. I'm liking this idea!
Thanks mom and dad for a wonderful vacation. Yes, to me, a vacation does in fact indclude a 26 mile run.
Your "race" looked like so much fun! Just my style and it even included lilacs, a treat pit stop and lots of good conversation. How could it get any better? We've done the "tell about a memory through the years" conversation while driving with our kids and their hubbands/wife. It is very fun and interesting to share memories that way.
Ok that's my idea of a great "run". You even stopped to smell those flowers along the way. I think I could even participate if there were good treats along the way. Don't you just love that your family can enjoy a healthy physically rewarding activity together, Doesn't get much better does it.I just always wonder what the pioeers would think of the activites we come up with to keep ourselves entertained. Explain "choosing" to run 26 miles to not really any particular destination, but just for fun.
What a memorable day. I'm so glad that you encouraged/fprced me to do it. Perhaps one of these years I'll actually run it. I know you're embarssed over the whole diet coke finish line thing, but that will be forever and always something to make me smile and chuckle a little bit. Thanks for everything! Oh and Lee, my Ryan made us all lunch after the race, that was his participation :)
My Ryan watched 4 kids. Does that count if they are your own? It shouldn't! I watch them every day!
Loved the picture of you peeking out from behind the lilac bush. Reminds me of the old "Laugh In" show where the guy would pull the giant plant back and say "Very Interesting" in his slightly scary German accent. Come on...I can't be the only one who remembers that....It's funny.
Post a Comment