FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bear Lake

My cousin owns this wonderful cabin at Bear Lake and while she and her husband are serving as Mission President's (we all know Janis stands toe- to- toe with Corey) in Australia, they have allowed anyone from their circle of friends/family to come and stay. We've gone over twice with 16 of us and have the time of our lives.


Trace came up with some fun games for us. He found a secluded road for bike and foot races. These two year-old's started a foot race without even being told they were in the games! The jumping off the bunk beds must have happened while I was gone....KIDS!
On Sunday we sat out on the deck and I gave a Family Home Evening lesson on "The Power of Music".


Our favorite time was spent at the lake, and Trace invented a sand castle building contest that the Petersens won. We hardly get together without a game of ultimate Frisbee.

7 comments:

Melinda said...

aren't families great. That looked like so much fun. I miss my family. I know the time will fly by and we will be together again soon. how fun for you.

Lee said...

Fun times. That's so great of the Lindleys to be so generous with sharing their cabin. I've got to make a reservation for next year. I'm glad you all had so much fun. Does Trace ever feel the pressure to come up with new and creative activities?

Vonnie said...

Looks like you had a great family get away. The Lindleys are so generous and kind to share their cabin. Janis is so happy when families can gather there and make memories together. Corey said when they get back they plan to go to the cabin and just stay for a month and rest. I'm sure they'll need it.

Kylee said...

What a fun weekend. I love that you guys always have little games and competitions, that always makes things more fun and interesting.

Sidney said...

That picture of the grand in the white swim suit is too too cute, I just want to pinch those little tight buns. How come that look is so gross on a woman of our stature and grace? I wondered why there were no new blogs for days. Looks like a wonderful family time.

Stacey said...

Nice view of the lake and Emma's little cheekers. I second what Sidney said!

Annie said...

Sidney, I heard Trace laughing out loud from the office last night and when I asked what was so funny, it was your comment! So sad and so true:)