FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Rest of the Story


I promise to move on but I just wanted to show the position of the bike when Spencer got hit. He was still straddling it and laying on his side when Trace got to him, after pulling the truck forward. Notice the tailpipe...I don't know how that didn't do some damage to him. He didn't have a helmet on. He was just riding in the driveway for petes sake. But mostly notice the tire and ask yourself why he didn't at least have a broken leg, or a bruise, or SOMETHING. The peddle of the bike was broken right off. Yes, we're still shaken and still offering prayers of gratitude.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad nothing serious happened. I'm sure you didn't stop shaking for a good day.

Amazed said...

mir·a·cle [ mírrək'l ] (plural mir·a·cles)


noun

Definition:

1. act of God: an event that appears to be contrary to the laws of nature and is regarded as an act of God


2. amazing event: an event or action that is amazing, extraordinary, or unexpected

Amen!!!

Lee said...

I love the re-inactment. You should be a crime solver. All those years of reading Ann Rules true crime books have come back to haunt you! That is truly unbelievable!

Stacey said...

Freaky!

Jamie Jo said...

Okay...I've been pretty strong about this, with my tears being those of gratitude. That picture is one I wasn't prepared to see. Oh my gosh! My little boy! I can't imagine him under that truck. I don't want to imagine it. You saw how accident prone he is this week-end, and how many bumps and scrapes he gets in a day. How indeed did he walk away from that.

Anonymous said...

This reminds me of when Dustin got hit on his bike standing by the mailbox. His bike has the buffer between him and the car. Very Scary stuff!