FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Monday, March 2, 2009

Rain, rain, go away!


To break up my time alone while Trace was in the Middle East for 3 weeks, I flew to Portland to visit Stacey's family. Even though I thought the weather was frigid, after leaving the delightful weather in Mesa, and even though it SNOWED one day....I had a most marvelous time.On my last night, we stayed downtown at the Multnomah Hotel, a favorite of the Lake kinder. Stacey and I had two delightful walks, through the Pearl, and along the river. We found Voodoo Donuts, which was a destination on the Amazing Race last season. The free advertising has certainly sparked business. It is open 21 hours a day, and is just across the street from the hotel we stayed in. The donuts were ordinary, but the shop was NOT. Locals should give it a go!



















It was so fun to spend time with Brody. His sign language is so precious. He can sign "crackers" especially well. Since he crawled out of his crib for the first time while I was there, the crib tent came out fast.











I went to one of the classes Stacey taught at her gym, making it all of 30 minutes before aborting. One day she taught 2 classes and did a 20 mile run...she's still training for the Boston Marathon.


Camdyn had soccer practice and Kennedy had gymnastics, which were both fun for me to participate in with the girls.


























The kinder still love the game of "door prizes", which involves opening marked doors and looking inside for treats and prizes. Brody was especially thrilled with the loot!









9 comments:

Jamie Jo said...

It still cracks me up how long she leaves children in cribs. I wonder if Brody will still be there in 2011?! I think Milly was out of her crib by her first birthday.

Debbie said...

So did you miss out on our 80 degree day yesterday? It was beautiful here but we are hoping that it isn't a sign of an early summer. We'll have to try out VooDoo donuts the next time we are in Portland.

Annie said...

How fun to let the Lake kids have you all to themselves. I love the Multnomah Hotel, we had a few prom dinners there. I also love the crib tent. Emma made it to three years old being in a crib. Jamie's funny how the crib just isn't her thing, bummer for her, that's a lot of why I don't do over nighters with her little ones. I like babies to be nice and contained.

Annie said...

whoops, that Annie comment was left by me, Lindsey.

Jenny said...

You picked a crummy week to visit. It was beautiful the weekend before, (see my pictures of the coast) and yesterday it was sixty.

Also, you're close to Scottsdale right? You should check out the giant art tent show or whatever it is called. My dad is the featured artist.

Stacey said...

A nice post...all except for one picture. Lucky for me I'm not high maintenance or I'd ask you to remove it! Brody was delighted seeing those pictures just now....especially of the one of him in the crib. Who in the world wouldn't want their child confined to a crib for as long as possible? That tent is teh best $60 I've ever spent!!! Thanks for the visit, we had so much fun.

Vonnie said...

Looks like you had a great visit with the Lakes. Those pictures tell some good stories. I love the idea of trapping kids in their cribs. I had no idea there was such a contraption. I'm sure you're happy to be back to the sun after some rainy days.

Lee said...

What a fun visit. Esp loved the pict of stace lifting the bar- like it's really hard for her-- haha- The lake kids are so lucky to have you as a granny annie. And I second the notion of keeping kids in a crib until they're old enough to understand not to get out of a bed. The longer, the better.

Sidney said...

I wrote this long comment yesterday and it got rejected...Maryann are you censoring me?Anyway like I was saying. Stacey is wonder woman and you are wonder Grandma. Your trip sounds so fun. I feel sorry for the other Grandparents trying to keep up with you and Trac.