FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Monday, June 15, 2009

Battalion...The Musical

Trace has written a musical about the Mormon Battalion that is being performed in the outdoor theater in Huntsville, Utah on June 26 and 27. Admission is free and the show starts at 7:30 both nights. Everyone is welcome. One of the songs from his play was performed in the Salt Lake Tabernacle last Saturday during the Heritage Days program. He has worked on this dream of his for the last 5 years and I got verclempt watching the performers singing so beautifully. Soon he can check "writing, producing and directing a musical" off of his BUCKET LIST.

Trace introduced the song during the program. The newly formed Battalion Choir also sang and Elder Douglas Callister gave a wonderful tribute to the Battalion members. This quote was on the program: To only retrospectively honor the heritage of the original Mormon Battalion is but a hollow sham if we learn nothing from their humble sacrifice. To truly fulfill Brigham Young's prophesy, we must make their simple hymn of service reverberate and amplify within our deepest souls until it becomes our own great anthem whose crescendo reaches out to mold yet unborn generations. We too are pioneers, and must prospectively add our own humble legacy to theirs--rendering selfless and unrequired service, compassion, and charity to "men and nations to the latest generation, worlds without end, forever and ever."


Lindsey took this picture of me being VERY sad that I had to sit on the stand. People, I am a back row person.

12 comments:

Joyce Anne said...

Wow...Look at you. I am so proud of Trace and can hardly wait to see "Batallion....The Musical". See you next week.

Joyce Anne said...

Whoops...You know where I went to school. Play like I used 2 T's and 1 L. I at least knew there was a double letter somewhere in the word.

Jenny said...

So when you wrote tabernacle, I assumed Logan. I love being sucked into this Cache Valley bubble.

Lindsey said...

I love the line about you being a back row person, I am still laughing right now. We had so much fun last weekend and I am so glad we got to attend the performance at the Tabernacle. I'm really looking forward to next weekend and seeing everything come together.

Jord said...

Wow, what an accomplishment and honor for Trace. I hope the play goes well!

Vonnie said...

We're looking forward to attending and supporting Trace in this important and worthwhile goal that he was accomplished. Yipee!

Kylee said...

I think that is so cool that he has done all this! We will be coming to the performance and are excited!

Lee said...

There are so many thing I'm in awe of Trace about- and his creative, ambitious mind is at the top of the list. I love that man! Can't wait to see all his hard work come to fruition.

Jamie Jo said...

I'm so proud of my Dad. I'm starting to cry all of the sound. That's weird.

Sidney said...

Me thinks you look very "General Board" material. I can see you addressing Womens conference in the future. wish you had a video of the performance to share.

Stacey said...

I like Syd's comment. Kid, would you get up there and say to everyone "this is just Earthlife __ __?" The girls can't wait to be a part of it....now if I can only locate pioneer costumes with everything else I need to do before we leave!

The Plewe Clan said...

My mom said it was really neat and she was so excited to be apart of the program, especially with my uncle Dick. Can't wait to see you and your girls/crew in about 1 week.