
FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE
LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY
SEEM TO HAVE ONE.
Wednesday, June 3, 2009
I Can See!
I had LASIK surgery on Monday at Hoopes Vision in Salt Lake, and am so thrilled with the results I can hardly stand it. It is only day 2 and if my vision didn't improve any, which it will, I would be satisfied totally. I had mono-vision for correction so I won't need reading glasses, or glasses at all. I've worn mono contacts for ten years so my learning curve is non existent, lucky for me. Mono vision just means you treat one eye for distance and one eye for closeness. I was 20/200 in my right eye and in my left eye they just called it 'fingers' since I couldn't read the big E on the chart. Hip..Hip..HORRAY!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
I'm so happy for you. And so jealous. Mine are getting worse with each passing year. Ryan is completely blind in his left eye. It's gone in the last year or two. And his right is pretty crappy too. I wish our insurance would cover it so he could get his eyes fixed. I'd love it too. Maybe someday. I think I have come to the point where I would take eyes over boobs.
You said your eyes were worse than 200- I swear you said 2000. So Ky's are worse than yours as hers are 700 or 800. I'm so happy for you. How would it be to see the minute you opened your eyes in the morning?
Wow that's awesome! I'm way too scared to do that, but I heard yours only took 10 seconds per eye... I could maybe handle that. I don't know what 20/200 means but apparently according to my mom, mine are worse, hmm.
I also am jealous. However the idea totally freaks me out. I even had an uncle in Eugene who would have done it for me, but alas that ship has sailed.
Sorry!! I didn't even ask you how your vision was today, and I saw you! Sorry. I'm so glad I got to dirve you to your appointment, that was just so much fun yesterday. Let me know if you want company on Friday, it won't hurt my feelings if it's easier to just go yourself. Be sure to hang on to your old glasses so we can keep them as props to a game of some sorts.
Congratulations! I'm so happy to hear the surgery went well and that you are loving the results. I think I'll take the plunge in a few years.
Oh lucky you. I would so love to ditch the old reading glasses, 100 pair scattered through out my home. So if I might be so rude about how much is this proceedure?
what is the price for vision?So crazy what insurance will or will not pay for.
I wonder if I was given a couple thousand dollars if that is what I would choose to do with it? Probably not, but I know it would be strange to wake up in the morning and see!!!
I had mono-lasik about 10 years ago and it changed my LIFE!!!! When the wind blows, dust doesn't get under the contacts. No more tired eyes at night. I love waking up in the morning and seeing the clock. I actually got mono-sunglasses...and mono-regular glasses that I use when I'm in the car. The up-close/far away thing with the eyes trying to figure out where to focus made me car sick. And I like the bad eye corrected for night driving...since I don't do reading in the car! Congrats. You'll LOVE this!
HOORAY!!! That is so exciting! I have wanted to do it for years, but kept waiting until the science got really good. hum....I may be inspired! But if I keep the glasses then I won't have to compete in the glamor category!
Post a Comment