FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE
LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY
SEEM TO HAVE ONE.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Mothers Who Know
Mothers who know are nurturers. This is their special assignment and role under the plan of happiness. To nurture means to cultivate, care for, and make grow. Therefore, mothers who know create a climate for spiritual and temporal growth in their homes. Another word for nurturing is homemaking. Homemaking includes cooking, washing clothes, and dishes, and keeping an orderly home. Home is where women have the most power and influence; therefore, Latter-day-Saint women should be the best homemakers in the world. Working beside children in homemaking tasks creates opportunities to teach and model qualities children should emulate. Nurturing mothers are knowledgeable, but all the education women attain will avail them nothing if they do not have the skill to make a home that creates a climate for spiritual growth. Growth happens best in a 'house of order,' and women should pattern their homes after the Lord's house (see D&C 109). Nurturing requires organization, patience, love, and work. Helping growth occur through nurturing is truly a powerful and influential role bestowed on women..............julie beck
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Reading this adds more exhaustion to my already exhausted state. It always seems I could be doing more than I do for my children. We can always step up our game in the spiritual matters.
well (sigh) since I know this post was for me, I have read it several times. I haven't decided that I understand all the links from nurture to homemaking and spiritual growth from order, but I am REALLY going to try to make sense of it as I belive that what she says is true because I sustain her as my RS leader. So...I tried some today: Bay and I unloaded the dishwasher and did the dishes together today and I bragged her up and told her what a great team we are and not only did it go fast, but I think she really felt proud of herself. I also demanded that Rylie pick up the front room before his friend came over. I was kind but firm. There was a fight but I think with time it'll become more "normal." But he did it! I'm not sure how this all relates to the spiritual, but I did notice that there were positive feelings and I felt in control and not as overwhelmed and maybe that helps with my attitude of love and nurturing and ability to get up and have our devotional in the mornings. Well, enough chatter. Thank you for caring enough to address my concerns. I love you!!
Aunt Mary Anne, will you come and speak to my BYU 371 class this summer - the title of the class is Work and the Family. I'm thinkin' you should teach this class, but there is probably a reason that I am teaching it....hummm (humility has set in!!)
Post a Comment