Rachel looks straight out of the closing scene of Mama Mia!
Sara made this scary but tasty 7 layer dip.
Frankenstein and his Bride were the hit of the night. When Trace revved up his chain saw even the adults were frightened. You had to be there. It was dark in the barn, even though you can't tell because of the camera flash, and then he did a mean and scary voice. Emma burst into tears and called him 'stinkypants'. We'll pay for her therapy:)
The scarecrow contest was new this year and I was so impressed by the girls efforts. Even Trace got into the event. Bundys took first place with the naughty 'mooning' pumpkin!
The pumpkin contest has gone on for years. We started this when we lived in Liberty. Petersens went home with the blue ribbon this year with their brown werewolf rendition.
If you have a party to host, always invite Lindsey over to help you decorate!!
Some of the kinder went with me to Dinosaur Park while it was still decorated for Halloween. These kids cannot get enough of that place.
I forgot the warning not to put bubbles in my jacuzzi bathtub and turned Jaken into a bubble boy. He is standing up by this point and begging to get out!
I love October, and this year more so than normal. We journeyed to Portland for Kennedy's baptism, which was a highlight. She is such a lovely child. She has her mother's constant smile. Their smiles are their trademark. For her gift, we gave her eight five dollar bills tied to a candy bar and balloon. A sign that said 'give me five...happy birthday Kenna' was waiting for her at the bottom of the stairs and she had to run through it like the football teams do. She thought it was pretty cool. In Stacey's stake, the kids get baptised on Sunday, which I think is genius. We tended the kids one night while Stacey and Todd went downtown for an overnighter. On our last night we threw a little Halloween party and the kids went trick-or-treating to several doors at their own house. A real crowd pleaser. Stacey didn't want them to have any candy so I gave them little toys and more healthy items. I made chili, cornbread and mummy dogs. Trace invented his Frankenstein costume and gave little Brody a fright when he knocked on his door.







12 comments:
You set an extremely high standard for parties! Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you all had such a great time! Funny about Trace's scaring of the children. Did you get them all to cry too? Love your BD gift idea for Kennedy.
Your kinder will never go into that barn again without a little bit of fright in their souls. Stinky pants, classic.
How fun! You guys are too creative! That's so funny that you scared the kids so bad. Maybe they'll grow up hating this holiday, like I learned last week that your mother does. I'm guessing you didn't get that from her...? You guys really went all out! I love it.
YEAH! Great post. I love seeing photos and events that I had forgotten about. Thanks for taking the girls to Dino park and for a stellar Halloween party :)
You guys are so cute and I love how festive you get! What a beautiful and fun family, inside and out!!!
Looks like you guys had a great party and I'm glad you accomplished your goal of making your grandkids cry. Haha! Kenna looks so cute, she is growing up too fast!
That was the funnest Halloween party ever! Please do it every year. Funny about the bubbles and Jaken. Sweet little Kennedy. I wish I could give her a big squeeze. I miss them so much.
All I can say is WOW. What creative talent you have. I never liked halloween, but if I could participate in such a clever one, I might change my mind. Mom
Seriously you two need to write a book on throwing a party. Absolutely fabulous. But how do you ever live up to the expectations for the next one?
Looks like everyone had a great time and even got a little scared in the process. Great family activity!
How fun! It's looks like it was a hit. Thanks again for letting stay right before the big party.
WOW! This wasn't a party - this was an extravaganza straight out of Home and Gardens and Family Fun. Holy Cow! Where do I sign up to get some of these great genetics! :)
Post a Comment