FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Monday, June 23, 2008

Come For Tea

I bought a mosquito net covering for a queen size bed and then couldn't find a use for it....until I hung it from the trees out front for a tea party tent for the grands. A HUGE HIT!!


The little "girl" on the right (Caleb) couldn't be left out, much to his dad's horror. "I like pink," he said when the girls put on the dress up clothes, which are from my daughter's youth. How could I refuse the little boy?

5 comments:

Barbara said...

What a fun summer experience for the children in your life:)
As a teacher I see this as a “center” for drama and dance and for wonderful imaginations to bloom creatively during a time when most children loose what they learned all year...
Kudos to a fun Grandmother!!!
Fondly, B.

imbeingheldhostage said...

Gorgeous. What a terrific idea!

Sidney said...

uh just wondering why you had a queen size mosuito net just lying around? I remember back in the day your house on Laurel looked like a doll house. I always thought some day when i had extra money,after my kids were older and I was more organized I'd be able to be more fun and creative like you. Funny me I now realize it doesn't take place at a perfect time, you just ARE creative where as I was waiting and planning to BECOME. It never quite comes off like you. You're such a natural.

Lindsey said...

Emma has yet to have a tea party. I want to set an afternoon this month for her to dress in her fanciest dress and invite some friends up, would that be alright? Let me know.

Lindsey said...

That's funny Sidney referred to your house as the one on Laurel, I thought she must be lost or something. But then I remembered that the Richters live on Luarel and yet we were on Kachina....weird, always has been, always will be.