
I made this tee-shirt quilt for Sara in l996 when she graduated from high school in Portland, Oregon. I collected shirts from each of her schools.....which were many........and also saved shirts that were meaningful to her. Lindsey, too, received a quilt when she graduated in 1999.
5 comments:
This was a great idea you introduced to our family Ann. I've made tee-shirt quilts for J, C, D & A, Rick, R and I owe one to J and C. I learned how to machine quilt them instead of tie them and learning that skill has lead to other quilting adventures. Thanks for getting me started! We saved tee shirts from each of their schools, starting in elementary and including some of our vacation spots and other shirts of special significance. They are a big hit.
I have to give credit to the wonderful Susan Tew. Without her none of this would have happened!
I was just going to say, I've seen one of those before. Ryan has one. I thought it was such a great idea when I saw his. I had so many meaningful t-shirts that I just tossed over the years because I didn't feel like hauling them around for the rest of my life. Susan is amazing and that's wonderful that you did the same for your girls.
How did you get away with just making two. Oh I know they are the favorites, right?
Sid, don't get me in trouble! I didn't discover how to do it until the older two had been married for a few years and then I didn't have any tee-shirts for them. They have never complained about it:)
Post a Comment