FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Winter Wonderland

This picture cracks me up so hard. It is of Stacey's front yard last January when we were visiting in Vancouver. School was cancelled! In the 8 winters we have spent in northern Utah...school has never been cancelled. Go figure!!!
Sara and Jaken standing by our driveway when they lived in our house (we were in Az). This is the snow that Cody shoveled so the cars could get out of the garage.

There are many moose in this valley and winter is a good time to spot them. These were taken from our snowmobiles in the river behind our house.


Snow piled high from the daily runs of the snow-plow.

Taken in December before we left. This is almost no snow at all. Hardly worth taking a picture of!


When we had llamas, we would have to walk on this path to feed them their hay every morning. I don't miss those days!



8 comments:

imbeingheldhostage said...

Wow-- that is gorgeous!! That is funny that school was cancelled for the dusting when you had to dig your way to the llamas. And having Moose nearly in your backyard? I drove all over Yellowstone searching for a moose to take a photo of. NEVER saw one.

Gorgeous.

Thanks for your well-wishes (ok, finger crossing) for our hopeful house. We did get it! Thank you!

Grandma Labrum said...

I thought of you when I heard how much snow Liberty got last weekend. Hope you enjoy the white stuff! Merry Christmas!

Lee said...

And you leave that for sunny AZ? What are you thinking?

Annie said...

I know what you mean about Portland shutting down school. Liza has been with us for the month and at first I was concerned about Denmark missing too much school but when I heard that they cancelled school for the couple of days that it has been snowing, I thought, well I guess he isn't missing too much after all!! I guess it's all perspective.
Are you in AZ now?

Debbie said...

Oops that wasn't Annie it was me. I didn't check to see who was logged in.

Ryan and Megan said...

That looks incredible! I really miss the snow this year, the other day it was 70 degrees! It doesn't feel much like Christmas. I cant wait to see some of that snow

Barbara said...

I really like looking at the pictures but I don't think I miss it...well maybe on Christmas Eve:)
Merry Christmas.
B.

Jenny said...

I laughed too, until I saw all the cars sliding backwards and ricocheting off of other cars. North westerners would rather build libraries and have tree lined streets and parks on every block than invest in snow plows. Go figure. Holden hasn't had school yet this week.