GREAT MINDS DISCUSS IDEAS. AVERAGE MINDS DISCUSS EVENTS. SMALL MINDS DISCUSS PEOPLE.....elenore roosevelt.
I'm not going to lie to you. I prefer men over women. True, as I am always telling my husband, men ARE murderers, rapists, war mongers, thieves, pedophiles, porno addicts and more. But still, with all that they don't bug me as much as women. Women DO nurture, care for the sick, raise the children, give unlimited service yadayadayada. What women do that so offends me is in the use of their tongues. What is more damaging: physical injury and death, OR mental torture and abuse? Most offensive to me are the women who profess to be so outwardly righteous but have a hobby of gossiping, judging, criticizing and condemning. They love to sit around and talk about people. I pity their relatives. The reason we are on this earth....the number one reason and assignment is TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER. It is so very hard to do. Thank you Older Brother Who Hates Us. Sure we can pay our tithing. Go to church. Keep the Sabbath holy. Dress modestly. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Go to the temple. All outward gestures that can puff us up and make us pious. Really no better than the Pharisees and Sadducees. It's spiritual schizophrenia. The sin of gossip, judging, criticism and condemning others isn't in the for front of our culture as Mormon people. In my opinion. Interesting to me are the women who cannot see this tendency in themselves. Me? Absolutely. But at least I recognize and try harder than any single thing I do to overcome this hideous way of treating people. I have been concentrating on this for several years, ever since I listened to John Lund's two CD's: Love One Another and The Art of Giving and Receiving Criticism. I have probably listened to both talks no less than 4 times each. Each talk has several cd's. Anywho, the solution I have come up with to allow myself to not listen or participate in judging, gossiping, criticizing, and condemning, is to just avoid being with women as much as is possible. Therefore, I have spent a good amount of the last few years being alone. It was handy that I lived in Liberty and just coincidentally was alone most of the time.
Just something to think about!!! And now I feel better.
7 comments:
Thank You! You speak to my soul.
It is so sad and so true. It reminds me of one of my favorite passages from James, chapter 3, where he talks about using our mouth to bless God and then turn around and curse our fellowman. It should not be. I am guilty of it as well. Why do we delight in putting others down for sport?
Thanks for the thought!
Yes, we need to be reminded, because we do get carried away sometimes. I do not think our older brother hates us however, I think we make him sad when we treat each other badly. Good reminder.
I was referring to our older brother Satan!
I know you were, so was I.
hmmm I'm thinking on this really hard. I am not going to make a case for fault finding but..... I think one of the reason women do talk in general is because they just care more about feelings about sadness about happiness, anger, ect. therefore we tend to talk more about people than men. I remember a man person getting so upset because people were talking about a friend of his who had removed he and his families names
from the rolls of the church but what I thought was wouldn't it even be more sad if no one mentioned their names?The opposite of love is not hate but indeference
I loved loved the scripture last week in sunday school Jonah 2:8
"They that observe lying vanities forsake their own mercies."
Won't it be justice if we are all judged on how merciful we were to others?So go ahead and talk about me and my family hopefully you'll learn something from our mistakes and hopefully you'll mourn with us too. Oops I think that was a sermon and not a comment.
Post a Comment