FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Thursday, June 30, 2011

Jamie's 40th Carnival Birthday

To celebrate the arrival of the Lake family, Jamie's 40th and Daniel's 14th, we had a Carnival Celebration.  Jensens, Searles, Ericksons, Petersens, Caspersons and Lakes were our guests.  I invited a face painter, who was a huge hit. I bought a little bag for each of the seven youngest grandchildren and they carried it with them to each of the stations, where they received a treat after completing each game.  All the adults helped with one station and treat.  The 'booths' were:  pin tail on donkey, face painting, duck fishing, bean bag toss, balloon shooting, photo shoot, cake walk, plink, golf putt, karaoke solo singing.  I also had a snow cone, cotton candy and popcorn area.  Hot dogs were the main course, along with delicious salads, a candy buffet, and the cutest circus tent cake from Sweet On You.
The teenagers patiently waited for the littles to finish so they could shoot skeet and my handgun.  Then we met in the garage because we have no trees here yet and it was hot!  Jamie organized the funnest and most crazy "Minute to Win It" games.
It was the best party to kick off the summer.  We missed the Bundy's so much.





5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I have no comment that is worthy of this magnificent post. You really outdid yourself :)

Cami said...

I need to know what the minute to win it games were. I'm in charge of that for my family reunion in Aug. Love this whole Idea. Annie you are amazing as always in your creativity!

Annie said...

"ME" call Jamie, she was in charge of those games and did an awesome job. Her number is 4357508730.

Lee said...

That seriously was the cutest, most creative party I've ever been to- and that's saying a lot, because you know what great parties you've had in the past. It was so much fun to be there.

tutus n bowties said...

How fun!! I hate missing out on all the fun. You are such a great hostess and entertainer. The party looked divine! P.s. Any fun b-day plans?