FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Tuesday, January 31, 2012

JANUARY 2012: Hello/Goodbye


The last part of January was spent helping our oldest daughter move with her family to Seattle.  We had a going away party for the Caspersons at our home with many Griffin relatives on the Sunday before their departure.  She had to leave her oldest child behind....Trace and I have been put in charge!


Trace drove their U haul  to Puyallup for them and I went with to keep him company and help them get settled.  I just couldn't say goodbye in Utah.

We bought them this cute dining set at Costco.  Marble top is the only way to go with crayon loving children!

I can't talk about leaving my Rachel.


This isn't my journal so I'm not going to belabor the pain.  Goodbye dear daughter.

We drove to Portland the first week of January to spend a week with the Lakes.  Trace treated Camdyn to a pedi for her 12th birthday, which we celebrated with her.  We can't believe she is going into Young Women.  I took her to an antique shop and bought her a pink bird cage to go with the parakeet I bought her for her birthday.......the bird was returned by her parents a week after we left!


My iPad proved its worth as Kennedy and Brody spent hours playing Angry Bird or watching Netflix.

We shooed Stacey and Todd off to Cannon Beach so we could spend time with the kinder.  Going to Gustav's for dinner is a given.


8 comments:

Vonnie said...

Such a bitter sweet post. I totally understand.

Jamie Jo said...

We miss you so much! I was able to put out of my mind what it would mean to leave family behind and just focus on the work of the move until we dropped you at the airport. That's when it sank it for all of us how alone we were and it was TOUGH!! A lot of tears shed in closets by various members of the household.

Annie said...

I am so totally a closet crier. After I cried all the way home from your house, I thought I could just sit in my car in the garage and get it all out, but weirdly Trace was in the garage when I pulled in so I had to finish my drama/trauma on his shoulder. Hence the flowers. So maybe I will forgo the closet next time!

Lee said...

Why oh why do our children do these things to their parents? Funny questions considering both you and I did the same to ours. . . it's only fair I suppose that we get it back this way. . . I love the new look of your blog and I'm so sorry you're suffering so.

Lindsey said...

Let's not talk about Rachel. Sad to see BOTH of my sisters and their kids on your blog and know that it means they don't live here anymore. That is very sad to my heart. I need to cherish my time with Sara and put forth more effort with her. Thanks for finally doing a post :)

tutus n bowties said...

how sad to have Jamie and the fam move away but how great that she is somewhat close to the Lakes. I have never been to Seattle but I have always thought it looked like a fun place to visit/live.

Jord said...

What a sweet and sad post! I'm so glad you could transport them to the northwest and am sure you'll be a frequent visitor. It's not the same as living close though.

Sidney said...

I feel your pain. When Rachel had the gaul to take my two Grandkids clear to Tennesse I thought my heart would break. Then they had the nerve to love it there. Clearly they were not missing me like I was missing them. Something deep down wicked inside me could only say to myself "some day she'll know when her kids leave her!"