FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE

LONG FOR HOME EVEN THOUGH THEY

SEEM TO HAVE ONE.




Tuesday, December 22, 2009

December Memories

We held our annual Skeen Family Christmas Party at Sherwood Hills.  We also invited Jensens and Searles which completed the evening because their children make it so that all my grands have a friend to play with.


A complementary breakfast is served and we were the only guests dining so we had it to ourselves.

The swimming pool area was enjoyed both Friday night and Saturday morning. There is a large pool with an 8 foot end to dive into, a child's pool and a great hot tub with a waterfall. Sweet.





We met in one of the conference rooms to eat our crock pot soups and chili and to play games and have a white elephant exchange.
The Petersen family took second place in our ugly sweater contest. Carol and Taylor took home first.



Earlier in the month the grandkinder took turns coming to Annie's to make Christmas cookies. This is always a fun time for them and me!


 Another wonderful year came to an end and again I am so thankful for all that I have.  I know that there are only three holy places where we will stand....our homes, our churches and our temples.  I strive to make my home a refuge for my family, from the fiery darts of the adversary.

8 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ohhh that fog is sooo beautiful!!
Sherwood Hills...a MUST!! I can't wait to do it again with Stacey. I'm glad I took home video so Emma will remember how fun it really was. Playing a night game of Sardines is what did it for me.

jenni said...

What a fun family tradition! Those are some BEAUTIFUL SNOWY mountains!

Nicole Jackson said...

How fun to have soooo much family near you! There are so many great memories to be made. You have to know that you are truly lucky! My parents are here from CO for Christmas and we're having a great time! The reason I say you are lucky is because they have NOONE near them! Have a Merry Christmas!

Joyce Anne said...

My Stacey worked her way through college at Utah State being employed at Sherwood Hills. Thanks for the reminder. I have been looking for a place to get our whole family together this summer.

Lee said...

Love the snowy picts, the cookies and grandkids, but mostly the Sherwood report. It was soooo much fun. Thanks for inviting us. And thanks for the picts that I can now steal! What kind of a fool forgets their camera on such a fun outing as that?

Stacey said...

That place has sure changed since our last reunion there with the Skeen clan when I was 18! Wow, I'm getting old. I do remember playing hide n seek. I don't think the other residents appreciated it. Good thing you had it to yourselves. Loved the sweater idea!

tutus n bowties said...

I have some fun memories of that place...why have I not been back since I was like 12?! I will have to change that. Hope you had a great Christmas Annie! Sure love ya!

SaraPete said...

Sherwood Hills was so fun, the kids keep talking about it! I hope it can be a new anual tradition :) That fog picture is beautiful! It should for sure be made into cards!